Friday 11 June 2010

Numpty week

Yep, bit of an up and down week,  think it may have been the dinner, chinese banquets are not my favourite thing.  Rather have a good curry or Italian meal.   Made up for it on Wednesday by making a good beef stir fry,  with melt in the mouth steak...  Better than the rubbery stuff we'd had the previous night.

On Wednesday my Silver Clay kit arrived,  wasn't prepared for the miniscule amount of silver clay,  really tiny.  Guess there is enough for two charms. .   Made one,  not entirely happy with it, but it worked,  so I was chuffed.   It is probably better than I think it is.  Was nervous about the firing,  tho the instructions were very clear,  I expected the piece to turn to silver, but it didn't, just stayed white,  that wasn't in the instructions...   what you need to do is burnish it to bring up the silver.   So I am hooked and have ordered more silver clay and some cutters.   One needs to speculate to accumulate, but I do have an outlet in mind...  My flexi putty arrived, so made mould of an Angel,  and used rest of silver clay... yippeeeeeee, it worked!   Just letting it dry, will fire it tomorrow.     Been watching a few youtube videos on the subject, they've been very useful,   what did we do before youtube? 

Really looking forward to next week,  a few days away, it will be bliss.  Still waiting for family to get in touch to see if they will come look after mum.  They know I am going on holiday, but can they be bovvered... nope.   Got neighbours sorted,  mum's friends will look in, so she will be okay, but it would be nice if the family actually were concerned.

Tonight I tried one of Tesco's meal deals,  chose steak au poivre, chips and for dessert, strawberry cheesecake, got bottle of sauvignon blanc,  as mum isn't keen on red wine. Very tasty,  will try it again.

Just got a few more bits to get for my hols,  ear plugs are top of the list.   And keeping fingers crossed that the weather is good.

No comments:

Visitors