Saturday 26 June 2010

Cor what a scorcher

Toddled round to high street today,  mid afternoon and saw that the temp had reached 30C!    And that was with a sea breeze.   Fantastic,  I ain't complaining,  my choice to go for a walk,  yep I was dripping a tad, but still enjoyed being out in the sun.  So far it has been cooling down a lot during the night... but tonight there is a lunar eclipse,  which is only visible nearer the south pole, so don't sit up waiting to see it. 

I'm being more positive, or trying to be.  Got myself up and out today, popped up to see my old workmates in the morning. Nice to catch up with them over a cuppa,  but sad to see not a lot has changed for the better.   The 'cuts' mean that none of us staff who have left are being replaced,  so more work for those who are left.   Really pisses me off that a few bosses left with a nice pension pot and a redundancy package,  but as for those at the coal face, well they can go hang as far as the top lot are concerned.    But we just indulged in some gossip,   which I miss, all harmless.    Was going to have a look round a few shops, but it was just too damn hot inside the shopping mall,   so just grabbed what I wanted and headed home.   Then for the afternoon it was a choice of staying in and watching several hours of tennis,  going to Mind Body and Spirit fair, or... just go for a walk.    Wasn't really in mood for either of first two,   so just headed out for some exercise, even if my right knee doesn't like it - the rest of me needs fresh air and exercise.    Timed myself and it still takes me over twice as long to walk there and back to high street as it used to with two good legs.   But I enjoyed the sunshine,  came back and after a much needed cuppa, gave the plants a good drowning with water,  with a watering can I should add.     Think it was much appreciated as they all perked up once they'd been well and truly saturated. 

After that it was time for a spot of tennis, fortunately Serena was off court,  can't stand her grunting or bullying behaviour.  It was Senor Nadal, who wasn't having it all his own way,  in fact he came damn close to losing,  but his tendonitis is back,  hardly surprising give the way he plays.     Then Mr Murray, who breezed thru in 3 sets, showing them all how it should be done!    He has a damn good chance this year. 

As for food, too hot for large meals,   made do with a sandwich, and a bowl of strawberries and ice cream.   Now out of ice cream, so that means a trip to supermarket tomorrow, may get a few cans of beer, to see me thru the match...   it could be a very long afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by.  Just wish to say that no comments will be allowed on this blog any more unless I know the identity of the person, and what they are saying, so all comments must be in English. 

No comments:

Visitors