Friday 30 July 2010

And yes....

it is raining..   July is officially a washout.  A month best forgotten.    Did at least manage to get out for a walk before the rains came.   Given up on weather forecast, they've got it wrong all week. 

Got a busy month coming up, hospital appointments to prepare me for the knee op.   And before I know it September will be here! 

Got a lovely parcel yesterday,  I'd ordered a meditation course from Amazon,  it had very good reviews.   It's easy to follow and has two CD's of guided meditations,  plus lots of exercises to work thru.  I've realised that I've been putting pressure on myself to have some sort of epiphany moment during my meditations, when in fact I should just let it happen.   So yesterday and today I've just done 5 to 10 minute meditations,  focusing on my breathing.   Also got my ez mount foam, so had fun cutting out stamps and mounting them,  very gooey and sticky.  Popped into Hobbycraft on Wednesday, and got some rockablocs,  much better to work with on the unmounted stamps, also got some other 'foam', this goes on the acrylic block.   Didn't see anything else that tempted me.  I'd popped over to Sandbach to have lunch with a friend.   The forecast was for sunny spells....   not sure what happened to them as it lashed down.  But when I got home it had been sunny all day! 

So yesterday I had fun stamping Edna and her pals, see pic above.  It is a really comic set of stamps and sentiments,  I love it.  Also love my pro markers, did a fine job of colouring in Edna,  you get such a professional finish for not a lot of effort.    Hobbycraft did have the pro markers at half price, but all the colours I wanted had already been snapped up.   But the pro markers are just a dream to work with, no streaks, good shading,  they  blend wonderfully, and the skin tones are very good, tho they do look dark at first.   Now have to have a bash at my Angel stamp, which is very ornate. 

Well hoping for a better day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Visitors