Saturday 24 July 2010

Zippety doo dah, zippety day...

Yee ha,  I shall be enjoying a mum free week next week....  bliss.  Roll on Tuesday.    She really is in need of a break, and so am I. 

Woke up to more blue skies,  tho by time it got to mid morning the clouds had rolled in, but aside from a light shower it wasn't too bad.    Called in at my old work place to catch up with the gossip,   sadly there ain't many new books!   But managed to get about ten books for mum, they should keep her going for a few weeks.  She is into a reading phase at the moment,  and sometimes the supply can't keep up with the demand. 

Took a walk over to the Strand, and got some shopping,  very nice checkout assistant packed my bag for me.   Also spotted the asian 'homeless' lady who sells the Big Issue, I doubt she is homeless, she is just flogging the magazine.  There is another chap closer to home who has been selling it for over ten years, not sure that was the idea behind it.  I no longer buy it from him,  he ain't homeless for a start, he has a flat and is on benefits. 

Got down to designing my own card box today,  wasn't keen on the other one, also wanted to print onto it, and that meant fading out the lines.  Got it all sorted in Word,   and picked up some heavier card stock from Smiths.  Still baffled as to why Staples didn't have any cardstock.   I do remember going to the one in Chester and being spoilt for choice.   So now it is all systems go, the new boxes will be easier to make up,  they'll also have our logo on them.   And managed to come up with a name for the card set...    So tomorrow will be making up the boxes, and playing with my new stamps. 

The pic: it really should be on the other blog,  it is two pics taken at the Chalice Well, one of the well, and the other of the water feature.  I used a pencil lines sketch and adapted it,  the Slice came in very handy for the flowers and all the lettering. 

All for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors