Friday 23 July 2010

Think it might have stopped..

Hooray, the sun has come back,  tho he took a while to get going, but finally by lunchtime the clouds had all gone and replaced by blue sky.   Sooo nice having a sunny day,   everyone looked cheerful.

Popped up to Klara's crafts to pick up my goodies,   two sets of  unmounted stamps,  plus a mounted stamp of a fairy,  far bigger than I imagined,  don't usually go for large stamps.  It was hard to tell what size it was in the catalogue, but it is beautiful.   Always find you need to ink them up a few times, then they stamp nicely.   Klara was busy making medallion decoupage, and using the mica paints to colour them in,  she certainly has a nice time in her shop.   Also picked up some more incense from the Well Barn,  I do like my incense, so calming,  and got a new dibber for my singing bowl, I am tempted to buy a larger bowl... 

Also sporting a shorter hairstyle,  feels much better,   do miss the young lady that used to do the hair washing, as she would also give you a lovely head massage.  Bill was in chatty mode, unusual for him, think he is missing his old salon,  in this new one he is renting space,  tho think he is fast becoming the dominant hairdresser,  his cutting is fantastic,  never left his salon feeling unhappy.   I did once many moons ago go to a very posh salon in Liverpool,  when I got there they told me that my stylist had left,  so they'd rebooked me with the top stylist for no extra charge,  well his idea of cutting and style was crap!   I did go back and luckily found another stylist who repaired the damage, then he left and I found Bill.  Who had trained at that particular salon.   It only took me 15 years to realise that Bill was left handed,  well I'd always looked at him thru the mirror!   I'm quite happy talking to Bill, we talk footy mostly,  which is a breath of fresh air from the usual salon chat.  Or I can be quiet, he doesn't mind,  I like that,  sometimes you get bombarded with chat from the stylist.    Booked my appointment for September,  a few days before my op, well I'll be stuck indoors for a few weeks, and I can't drive for at least six weeks.   Also want to go down to Glasto in October, that means persuading a friend to go along,  cos I won't able to drive that far...  will have to work on her next week, get her saving up.

Not sure how long our 'summer' will last,   just hope that blessed rain has gone for at least a few weeks.

Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Visitors