Saturday 31 July 2010

Yep, life sucks

I've had one of 'those' weeks, somehow managed to end up with two parking tickets,  lost car insurance certificate,  got charged £25 for a replacement and had printer chuck several hissy fits.    Then you hear from a friend who tells you that she is off to a wedding, but it is a happy/sad day,  cos the person getting married hasn't got many more weeks to live...   then she tells you that her mother's dementia is progressing rapidly.   And life is put into perspective. 

It still doesn't take away the irritation of stuff going wrong,  the second parking ticket was almost the last straw,  only the apologetic warden made it bearable.  I'd parked outside the post office so I could tax my car,  I parked where I have parked untroubled for the last 20 years, only some plonker a short time ago decided that this busy thoroughfare should be residents only!    Want to know how many residents park there...  none.    Yeah, exactly.    But warden was really contrite, think it was me on a crutch hobbling over to car what did it.    At least my car insurance certificate had arrived in time.  Good thing cos I am now expected to go pick mum up tomorrow,   yep,  they, the family cannot be bothered to bring her all the way home, so expect me to fork out for two tunnel fares and petrol, and they are the ones with loads stuffed in the bank. 

I have been trying to be very buddhist about all this,  I've succeeded and failed at times,  it is tough this being mindful stuff.     I decided against going anywhere this afternoon, just in case I tempted fate again.  And would you know it the sun came out!  Albeit for a few measly hours, then went away again.    But it was nice to see a blue sky and feel the warmth of the sun.   Dinner was a sausage butty,  shows how bored I was,   there were other options,  could have had scampi, steak... but nope, I settle for a sausage butty.  Followed by strawberries and ice cream.  Well there has to be some indulgence.  Strawberries were so sweet. 

Oh well, tomorrow will be an iffy day,  wanted to stay at home to watch conclusion of golf...   my knackered knee is also not that keen on me driving very far.   Just as well I have a rather tasty Grenache Rose in fridge. 

No comments:

Visitors