Friday 20 August 2010

Another week bites the dust

The alarm call this morning was huge rumbles of thunder. It was also horribly clammy,  the dark clouds kept on coming over, but we only had a few small showers after the heavy downpour.   Did think I was going to get a soaking at the supermarket, but the clouds kept on rolling by.   I had my list but still managed to come home minus two items,  nearly left my magazine on the checkout, well I did leave it there, luckily the assistant came after me.  Which I thought was nice of her.   Got petrol and it came to £20.01, the damned PENNY!   I hate that. 

Decided since weather was so iffy to do some crafting, so made a card and a scrapbook page.  Used the Fairy stamp I got a while ago,  coloured it using the promarkers,   just missing a few basic colours like yellows and a few more pinks.  I used a trick I saw on CnC and embossed two lines down the edge of the card,  vertically and horizontally,  just added something to it.   Was also looking for my 'sympathy' set of stamps but they seemed to have done a vanishing act.  A friend's mum has just died, so my intention was to be very good and make my own sympathy card.     I'll post pic of scrap book page tomorrow,  that didn't take me any time at all.  Just one of those pages that seemed to just come together. 

Doing well with my exercise regime,   just want things to ping back to where they are supposed to be, and still trying to build up muscle in my knee.  I'm hoping once I get the new knee I'll be able to go for my beach walks again, it has been 3 years since I set foot on the beach.   I'm really missing it,  even in the winter I enjoyed it.   Early Sunday mornings are my favourite time, there are no yobs about,  very few children,  just dog walkers and joggers.   

It is still horribly clammy, but the clouds have gone and we've got a nice summers evening. 

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Visitors