Sunday 15 August 2010

Hooray, summer has come back for the weekend!

Should have know it would after the Met office lot predicted it would be wet till November.   I've actually had to water the plants they were so dry.  Not only have we had sun but the temperature has also gone up a few degrees.   No doubt it will chuck it down tomorrow. 

Had to laugh today, my parking rant at the interlopers who park in our road seems to have worked, several cars have mysteriously been removed, leaving us to actually park in our own road.    I am thinking of asking council to mark out a disabled bay, don't want to as they do take up a lot of space, but if it is the only way I get to park outside my own home then so be it. 

Also having printer trouble, not sure if this printer is on its way out, or is just chucking a tantrum.  I've now reinstalled it,  tho had  huge problems trying to uninstall it.   It now seems to be okay, but print quality is a bit ropey. Just looked to see how much the new kodak printers are,  there is one for 69 quid,  which isn't bad, and the cartridges are much cheaper.  I will give this one a chance, but if things haven't improved in a couple of days then it is off to the recycling centre with it. 

I did get it to print a few things,  two photos and a letter.   So decided to put together my scrap challenge page, not happy with it, think I rushed it a bit, needs a bit more tidying up methinks. 

I did manage to go for a walk yesterday, and was planning one today but mum cut her hand, so she wanted to go to the walk in centre, and it was chock a block.   I had said to her yesterday that if she wanted to go there we'd need to be up early,  of course she didn't get up till gone 9.30, then only told me she wanted to go after 10!   She was still faffing about till I told her to go get dressed.    We were stuck there for over an hour, there were just two nurses on duty, which was ridiculous.   These places are supposed to take the load off the A&E rooms,  but how can they do that when they aren't staffed properly?  

Ooh, just seen forecast for tomorrow  - another sunny day!  

No comments:

Visitors