Saturday 21 August 2010

Gone shopping

Decided I needed a treat so headed for a craft shop.  My main purpose was to buy a versamark or impress ink pad,   so ended up with: scoreboard, new set of stamps 'Shop til you drop',  two packs of shaped cards, plus stuff for mum.   Loved the stamps,  I do like funny cards,  and it is only recently that there have been some funny toppers/stamps etc.   I must remember to go check to see if there is an Xmas set of the Ethel and Murray stamps, I think they are hilarious. 

So having indulged myself I then had a crafty afternoon,   knocked off 3 cards in quick succession.... my kinda crafting!    I don't mind the complicated stuff if I am in the mood,   but don't like terribly fancy cards either.   A lot of the stuff on CnC is lost on me,  I find it overly ornate,  or as if they felt challenged to use as much stash as they possibly could.     You are hardly going to sit there and churn out the sort of cards you see on CnC,  not if you're trying to sell them, not very cost effective.   The presenter I also find most annoying is back to annoy me,  I'm sure that they are a very nice person,  it is just I can't stand their patronising presenting manner...    You'd think they were addressing an audience of toddlers.  

Also popped into my old workplace,   just in time to see former Saturday kid, as we knew them, before she headed home, she'd just got back from the USA.   I'm glad she managed her trip, there had been some doubt that she could go, she was looking for a work placement.   So caught up on the gossip,   had a nice cuppa,  and passed away an hour or so.   Also foiled the traffic warden by parking in the car park! 

Will be crafting again tomorrow,  not sure what, cardmaking or scrapbooking?   Or possibly both.   Thinking more and more of doing a craft fair...   but not just cards, other stuff as well.   There is one coming up at end of November, so that will me Xmas cards...  joy... NOT!    So I suppose I best get stuck in.   May take my stamp sets and promarkers to hospital, well it will pass a few hours making up toppers. 

A dry day as well,  very muggy this morning,  but it has cooled down  a lot.  It was very warm last night, tough getting to sleep. 

No comments:

Visitors