Monday 16 August 2010

Oh rats...

My printer bit the dust today,  in spite of all my TLC yesterday when I tried it today it just was gobbling up the paper again.    So off to PC World,   they had the entry Kodak printer on offer,  as did Comet, both showed they had them in stock.   There were plenty of other printers on offer, but it is the over priced ink cartridges that put you off.  I spotted a nice Epson, but a colour and B/W cartridge would cost me over £30,  same combo for Kodak came to £17!  Big difference.   The chap was trying to sell me a Lexmark, cos he thought the Kodak model I wanted was out of stock,  sorry but would not have a Lexmark if you gave it to me.  I told salesman that I'd checked on the web and it had said they had the printer in stock, so he checked on his computer, yep, they had plenty!  Think he figured it was better to get that sale than to try and get me to spend any more money.   He said to me: You know what you want don't you?  I nodded.    Had the shelf had the printers I'd have just picked up the box and headed for checkout.    I always go armed with facts, and with roughly what I want from gadget shops,  that way you don't get talked into what you can't afford.    Tho I did drool over the new Lumix....  oooh was tempted.  

Another sunny day!  So got in another walk,  also tried a walking meditation,  it was interesting, but really I needed to be somewhere quieter.    My meditation skills are improving,    it is an odd thing to do, to be at one with yourself but also aware...      I do feel reinvigorated,  a bit more upbeat,  it is definitely the weather, sunshine makes all the difference.  Well that and hearing Andy Murray had won in Toronto,  way to go Andy, high time he won a tournament. 

Tomorrow the forecast is for rain...  but rest of week doesn't look too bad. 

No comments:

Visitors