Wednesday 11 August 2010

More sogginess

Yes nothing like what is happening else where in the world, but this relentless gloom is depressing.   Mother Nature does screw up somewhat, parts of the world begging for rain and cool weather,  some of us needing blue skies and sunshine.  Will there ever be a happy balance?

My new imagpac stamp is now very happy to take on ink, only took about 5 attempts.   I am getting a very crisp finish from it as well, so most impressed.    Needed to make a card today, but couldn't get my mojo going,  so headed off to a craft shop,  hoping the visit would whet the old craft appetite.    Got a few bits,  sadly not the ink pad I wanted,  had to make do with an inferior make,  will not name it!   And it proved useless, luckily found an Anna Griffin ink pad, that worked fine with home made stamp.   Hoping to make this one, see pic,   okay I like cats!    Got other ideas, but won't be making more till I have an A4 page full of stamps.    Don't want to waste the negative paper that you have to use. 

Did pick up a Do Crafts goody bag, a Christmas edition,  someone had already opened one, so took a peek inside to see what was in it.   Very impressed, lovely papers, some great peel offs,  set of stamps, 4 glitter pots, and a box card set.    I haven't indulged in a Goody bag for a few years,  when I started crafting I'd buy them every month.    Also finally got my silver fimo,  so will have a play with that,  just thinking over the idea of doing a Christmas craft stall in November. 

Just looked outside, got no chance of seeing the meteor shower, very cloudy outside.   Time for a cuppa, and England have just equalised...

No comments:

Visitors