Friday 12 November 2010

Cor, what a wild and windy night!

I lay in bed wondering if our TV ariel would survive the winds!  I could hear it rattling, luckily it was still attached in this morning.   Car was covered in a thick layer of dust,  couldn't see out of side windows.  Tho it chucked it down tonight so I am hoping that the windows will now be clear. 
Got myself in a right two and eight making an exploding  box,  think  it was cos I didn't really want to make it.  But I'd promised someone I'd made them a couple...   so now got one and a half boxes,  one is lacking a lid,  will make that tomorrow.  Think I'm on a roll with the Xmas cards,  keeping them all simples,  well I've found that the simple cards are what sell,  plain white card with a design and bingo you have a winner.  Like this one, which is also a tree decoration,   stuck him on,  couple of peel offs down sides,  and a sentiment,  voila, one card.   Got a few fancy ones for the family, sort of....   since I hardly see any of them I am wondering whether to bother,  feel like telling them that I won't be buying any pressies, and what money we all save we can go spend on ourselves.  Well at least that way you get stuff you want.   Last year I got a ruddy hamper, very nearly told the giver where to stuff it.  The giver was a family member, and they all know I am a crafter... so what is so hard about giving hobbycraft tokens?   I make the effort to buy stuff that they like,  too much to expect to be reciprocated? 

Not a good week for family stuff,  my mum decided all on her own that I was not fit enough to tackle the cleaning.... we've currently got a cleaner and have shared the cost.   Well I ain't, so cleaner has her job for another few weeks.  Took me all my time to get round supermarket yesterday,   was also there for the 2 minute silence, it still angers me how some people can continue to shop when everyone else is stood still, especially older people!  When I got back home the first thing I did was chuck a painkiller down my throat and then had sit down.  I'm not sure my body likes having this foreign bit of metal inside it.  

Just heard from my sister, who is swanning around in Spain,  nice for some.  A one line e-mail,  nice.  It said they'd had no internet for 10 days, but now they were back on line.  And...   !    So just told them that they can skype on Sunday afternoon, when I am not engaged in nattering to my friends. 

Went up to hobbycraft on Wednesday,  was unamused to find that their lift didn't appear to be working on the ground floor, so had to hike up the stairs.  Not sure why I bothered, the warrington store isn't as good as the one in Chester,  only got a few peel offs.  So little Xmas stuff,  was looking for some nice Xmas sentiments,  stamps that is,  but not a sausage. It felt like January in there cos they appeared to be selling off the Xmas stuff at sale prices.   Must have a drive over to the chester branch,  bigger store and more choice.   I'd like to support my local craft store, but she doesn't have much in the way of papercrafting,  think that is where she has gone wrong really.  No staples, paper, card, mirri card etc,  too much of a mish mash of stuff.  But she is so nice,  I do buy stuff from her,  and she is also so talented. 

Need a cuppa,  have a lovely weekend, and thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors