Sunday 14 November 2010

Sunday... 14th November

Remembrance Day,   it started out sunny, but by 10/30 the clouds had rolled in and the rain came down.  I do feel so sorry for those who go on Remembrance Day parades, I remember my own, and there is nothing worse than a steady drizzle.   I watched proceedings on TV,  just as moving as it always is,  possibly more poignancy today because of so many deaths.  God rest their souls, and bring comfort to those they left behind.

Yesterday was a terrible day,  popped to high street,  knee felt okay, so thought it would be okay to get to chemist,  and cake shop, with possibly a visit to el cheapo shop that stocks wonderful tat for Xmas.   How wrong could I have been!   Got no more than a few yards from car and knee began complaining, by time I got to chemist, 300 yards, knee was screaming at me.   I must have looked like i was in pain as assistant in chemist asked if I was okay, then said they didn't have my painkilller!   Arrrgggggghhhhh....  luckily she found enough to see me thru the weekend.   Went to cake shop,  but they hadn't had their full order, so back to chemist, stopping off at el cheapo shop on way,  knee continued to complain very loudly,  only got some storage boxes,  then headed back to chemist for prescription.  Back to car, to move car closer to cake shop, couldn't get as close as I wanted tho...   hobbled up to cake shop, knee kept threatening to give way on me.  Must have looked a sorry sight as cake shop assistant took pity on me...  then off home,  in agony.  I had promised a friend to look in on a craft fair and offer support, well I headed round to the church where it was being held, but no parking anywhere,  I just couldn't face a walk back,  so I abandoned the idea and headed home.  Ate painkiller when I got in...   took the entire afternoon for knee to stop complaining.   Not sure it should be like this.    Did make a few cards, abandoned the idea of exploding boxes,  tho now I do have to make one for a birthday!  

Went thru e-mails, found one from sis,  and of course I was expected to dance to her tune regarding a skype communication!  Unamused, not sure what part of my e-mail she failed to understand,  the bit where I said skypeing during afternoon would be better as I do chat with friends in evening?     Really got my goat, but i had last laugh, as sis did try to skype me tonight but their signal was weak.. and skype cut the call!   So I went and had a natter and a laugh with a friend, we looked thru daft youtube videos, that is the bliss of skype, you can instantly share stuff on line and have a natter.  And all for free! 

Made a few more Xmas cards today, from a magazine,  mostly decoupage, but they had given permission for the templates to be copied.  Might make up a few more tomorrow - at least knee can't object to me sitting down. 

Weather had turned chilly,  warmed myself up with a lovely scouse pie from local cake shop, it was delicious.  Of course mum managed to find fault with it, but she would,  she has to find fault in everything these days.  Let her complaint wash over me.    Her life maybe half empty,  mine is half full and I intend to enjoy every last dreg. 

All for now.

No comments:

Visitors