Thursday 20 January 2011

Going bongos

I forgot to tell you about my drumming workshop on Monday.   The evening started with me nearly jumping out of my skin, the workshop was being held in an old converted barn, in the village, it has no lighting and is a bit spooky...  so you can imagine that when I got out of my car and heard a voice I got one hell of a shock!   As it turned out it was my friend, who was lurking in the shadows.   Then fifteen minutes later I am bashing away at a djembe, (see pic),   after a quick lesson in some basics I join in with the group in playing some African music.    I had a brilliant time,  such a stress buster.    Think I just about kept the rhythm,  well aside from a few mistakes, but then everyone was doing the same so that made me feel less self conscious.   The other good news was that the chapping running the workshop is also going to have a monthly udu workshop.  The Udu is a much gentler sound,  but the djembe is good for making lots of noise. 

Also did some more de-cluttering,  bedroom was a mess, stash everywhere,  magazines laying around.  So it all got blitzed.  Not hanging on to magazines that just gather dust anymore.   Really do need to sort out my stash, it is in such a mess, not sure where everything is or what I've got.    And it is craft day on QVC,  just hoping there will be some scrapbooking stuff. 

Had yucky weather here,  boy was it foggy this morning, all morning!   Took ages to lift,  sun made a brief appearance but by the afternoon the fog was returning.  Car is now very dirty :-(     May take her to a car wash,  plenty of them round here.

No comments:

Visitors