Tuesday 18 January 2011

Will this month ever end?

Why is it that January seems to go on forever?  A friend said it was cos it followed the 'festering' season!   A good way to describe how Christmas has become in this country,  like a festering sore hanging over everyone,  as we are all told to 'you will enjoy yourselves."  Maybe we would if the Xmas stuff wasn't in the shops for so long,  let's limit it to December.   My sister is just over from Spain, she spent Xmas there, and while they celebrate the day, no Xmas stuff appears till December - as it should be.    If that happened just maybe we'd enjoy it all the more, and realise that the present giving is about token gifts, not about buy the most expensive present or running up huge debts.    This gloomy month is half over,  just two more weeks of it left.   I can see that the mornings are slowly getting brighter, and the evenings a bit longer.   I love the bright, crisp and cold days,  but hate the grey gloomy days.  
My new car is already in need of a wash!   We had all that rainy and drizzly stuff for the last week or so,  and she is all covered in splashes and dirt.     Was also very unamused when my mother, as she does, flung open the door and bashed it right into a bench...  luckily no damage was done.  

I have had a hectic 48 hours,  too much happening all at once.   Had to go sort out all the paperwork at the solicitors today regarding my claim,  realised why I'd put it off for so long!   Two hours it took....   and yet more stuff to come.    If all I'd got was a bruised knee I wouldn't be bothering, but when, two years later you have had umpteen surgeries,  and now have a metal knee (ten years way before you needed one) then I have no guilty feelings.  Plus block paving that caused me to fall is still gathering more and more victims!    The paving isn't at fault, it is those who laid it badly in the first place who are at fault.  I watched from my works window a load of pavers, paving outside and it was laughable,   bung a bit of sand down,  level it a bit and then slap on paving stone...   a few months later said paving stones are are now loose and waiting to claim more victims.  

That was after I'd had to negotiate a much changed town centre,  got in wrong lane, but knew I was okay cos I could get back on track at end of road... wrong, cos there were road works stopping me turning right.  So had to carry on till I could turn left and get back to where I was, are you following this?  Then on to confusing car park....    bad signage..   and it wasn't just me who was befuddled.    Even when I found a parking spot then I found you had to figure out how to get out on foot.  Prices were extortionate, last time I use that car park, and probably why it was so empty.  

Now shattered,  didn't get much sleep last night....  so best go make some hot choc and hit the hay. 

thanks all

No comments:

Visitors