Saturday 8 January 2011

Oh now, Snow!

Got a bit of a shock yesterday,  looked out of window and it was snowing,  very big flakes and the world was slowly turning white!  Luckily it didn't settle, nevertheless I had to head for supermarket regardless of snow as we had no milk or bread!  I never usually allow us to run out of essentials, but had thought the milk would last, and it would have done had mum not had her cereal!   So first test of car in rotten weather and she did good,   held the road,  no slipping or sliding (mind you the Corsa also did well in last bout of bad weather).   Not yet used to the electric windows,  keep forgetting engine needs to be on to close window!    And then there is the electronic opening,  keep going to open it with the key, course there is no lock!    Do though like that I can lock it from inside,  that was my one bugbear about central locking, that all the doors were open, so any nutter could open the door if you stopped.  
Supermarket was back to normal,   though did notice how a few prices have now crept up,  the bacon which is usually two for £4 is now 2 for £5.   I worked out that our bill had gone up by a fiver,   I generally buy the same stuff every week.  Probably just as well that Mr Clegg wasn't in my supermarket,  might have been tempted to clobber him with a French stick.   I've also noticed that there are more men being employed by the supermarkets, even on the checkouts,  usually it was regarded as a female job.  That isn't a moan,  I am glad that they have employment,  the area that the new supermarket is in has a high rate of unemployment and they did commit to employing over half the workforce from the long term unemployed. 

Today was just a 'whatever day',   felt like just mooching around, but in the car,  so took Little Mo out for a drive up to the craft shop. Sadly they are still trying to flog off the old Christmas stuff, so nothing really tempted me, got a few half price jewellry kits.  Next was visit to library, have a catch up with old colleagues and a free cuppa.   Then home for lunch, back out to take mum to meet her friends,  and then took me to retail park to see if I could get any bargains at M&S,  well I did, but not in the women's department, found two nice tops in the mens department,  a darn sight cheaper as well.  Think I've cottoned on to what the shops are doing, have you noticed they are all full of cardis etc,   and that means we need something to wear underneath them, so we have to buy 2 items!  Alls I wanted was a couple of jumpers, could I find any - could I heck.    Then headed to Best Buy,  they did have some bargains, but had nothing that I wanted,  so did Comet, was sort of half tempted by a half price Ipod dock,  but resisted,  ended up in Currys and got a new skype headset,  and photo paper!    Then I tootled off home,  I have noticed how more relaxed I am driving Little Mo,  she just purrs along very contentedly,   so the bozos don't annoy me as much as they did. 

There is one thing that annoys me very much, and that is the idiotic parents who allow children to push the trolleys!  I was nearly knocked flying by one, she was far too small to see where she was going, and of course too busy talking to her sister to even notice where she was going or what she was about to crash into,  both parents were oblivious to the chaos she was causing.   Worse are those damn mini trolleys that you find in the likes of Boots,  just who dreamed up that stupid idea?   Shops are not playgrounds,  I do expect parents to keep their children under some sort of control.

All for now, hope you are having a good weekend, thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors