Wednesday 5 January 2011

What a difference a few days make

Well can't deny I felt really low over the weekend, then I got fed up of feeling like that.  Decided to do a proper look for a new car, so looked up all the local garages on line.  Found one that had a couple of cars in my price range,  so went there yesterday - and hour later I walked out having bought a car!   Well spotted a 56 reg, and at a good price, one owner, full history...    Nice salesman knocked another £300 off price cos I was paying cash,  chucked in a warranty and the car tax for a year.  Very happy with that.  So now I have or will have by tomorrow, a  Nissan Micra,  and it has all mod cons!   Got so used to driving cars that are just basic I am not sure I'll know myself tomorrow,  electric windows, power assisted steering,  fully working radio/CD!   Crumbs...   Old car radio was er, temperamental, that was because my nephew ripped out original radio and did a botched job of installing another,  so sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't,  it would increase in volume when it felt like it, cut out when it felt like it and switch channels.    Only fly in ointment yesterday was trying to switch the insurance,  for some reason the computer kept on refusing to change any details!  Was getting fed up, mind you so was the chap at the other end,  he kept apologising to me, then said he'd ring my insurers and then call me back and he did.   So I was able to e-mail certificate of insurance to garage.  Love technology!   But since all these firms are saving a fortune on paper, postage etc, why don't their prices come down? 

Old car went to great garage in the sky, got a few quid for it, but was glad to see it go.  I had forgotten that I hadn't cleared it out!  So reluctantly I got all the stuff out of it,  didn't really want to go anywhere near it.  Have been getting lots of sympathy from neighbours and the dog walkers who come down our street, which is nice.  But it has now gone and I can at last look out of the window without flinching.

Mind you all this has made me do a lot of crafting,  even managed to get the swap card made and the scrap challenge completed!    Posted the pic for that above, I set it for this month but now two others are pitching in, so I will feel like I am being challenged.  I set the theme for snow,  took the photos day after we'd had our 24 snow fall,   didn't think it was ever going to stop.  Never seen so much snow for years.   Had no idea what to do,  just let the page build itself,   picked out some pearlescent silver card,  then mooched thru my stash and came across a kit from a magazine,  nice blues,  cut photos into different shapes,  used some chipboard stuff for lettering,  foam snowflakes which I recoloured a darker blue,  and some silver flowers to lift one of the photos, very happy with the effect.  Not so happy with the photo, these dark days!   Will take a better one on a sunnier day. 
All for now.

No comments:

Visitors