Monday 26 May 2008

Getting back to normal...


Think this will be a month I won't easily forget. Thankfully mum has continued to make good progress, tho she did pick up an infection but they quickly got that under control. With luck she should be out of hospital by the weekend.

My happy pills have kicked in and so I feel more on an even keel, also decided to avoid a few people that frankly I'd be happier if they were out of my life completely. Funny how you find out who you can both turn to and rely on for support, and how it sometimes comes from the most unexpected sources.

Been managing to do a bit more crafting, tho now the French Open is on... think if rain hadn't interrupted play I'd not have got anything done!

Made this page yesterday, using Paisely paper, which I usually never know what the heck to do with. I'd like to know why it is called Paisely! Nearly went for a more funky paper, but ended up with the Paisely, sort of a challenge. A fairly simple affair, didn't really want the paisely to distract too much from the photo so used the orange card to tone it down, as usual a bit of serendipity kicked in and I cut some strips of the orange card to blank out some of the pattern, used a tag with some ribbon, then a couple of blue flowers.

Started another page, but it all needs to be glued down, so will post that tomorrow.

1 comment:

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

I'm glad your Mum is making good progress and you are feeling a little better (hugs) to both of you. Lovely layout and very pretty papers :)

Visitors