Thursday 10 February 2011

Great start to the week

I won the lotto!   Sadly not the jackpot, but did get 4 numbers, and that meant I could get my own djembe drum  - so I did.   I did have a natter to Kevin about the shop I'd seen, if it was any good,  he said yes.  So on Tuesday I picked up my winnings,  and then bought the drum, online,  so I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.   Chap did say 48  hours, but I'll let him off as I didn't put the order in till quite late Tuesday afternoon.   So feeling a bit chuffed.   Did think about going and spending a bit on craft stuff, but just about got all I need in way of big stuff,  cost wise that is.   

I'd never had 4 numbers on the lotto since it started,  so was quite gobsmacked when I checked the ticket.  It may as well have been the jackpot the way I felt.  Such a lovely surprise,  even the assistant at the supermarket congratulated me.    So had quite a spring in my step, well sort of,  my knee has been playing up all week.  Nearly didn't go to my drumming class on Monday,  my knee had given way on me 3 times that day,  and it was getting really painful,  you have to grip the djembe between your knees and I wasn't sure if I could with the pain.   I forced myself to go,  and was glad I did,  I tried using my left hand to keep the beat, and it worked a treat,  finally got the tricky rhythm that had defeated me the week before.    Noticed a few other naturally right handers were also leading with their left,  including one of the newbies,  a husband and wife,  lovely people,  they had a great time, wasn't so sure he was at first, but he finally got into it and kept up with some of the simpler stuff, just like I did on my first visit, which always makes you feel better. 
My aqua pro markers also finally turned up,  I'm not blaming QVC,  last few bits I've ordered from them have been really quick, coming by courier, this time it was RM, and they are not so hot.   It's taken RM a week from when I got QVC's e-mail,  which is not on.   Not blaming the posties,  they're being lumbered with more and more work... a pity the high falutin managers don't actually go do what the posties do,  time every manager had to spend at least a month at the coal face,  then they might just be more understanding.    The workforce is of course the most expensive item of any business, but get rid of them and how does business survive?   I mean if none of us are working,  there is no money sloshing around in the economy, so we all go bust. 
Off to lunch tomorrow with a friend in Chester,  forecast is rain... oh joy.  At least we can stay dry in Chester.

No comments:

Visitors