Saturday 26 February 2011

Saturday...

Well I guess this is what some folk call proper crafting,  got my Tim Holtz TSV yesterday but didn't get a chance to use it till today. He said NOT to use photo card, so what does I do, yep, use photo card!  Well I was practising, so my thoughts were that I'd rather waste the photo card than the more expensive glossy card.   I frankly couldn't see the difference.   I did what he said and worked quickly applying the inks, think that is the real key to this, working fast,  then added the blender,  the first time I tried spreading the blender but it was disastrous, so next attempt I just dabbed it on and got the marbling effect.   The felt on the applicator also helps to create the effect.   I also then added the stamps from the kit,  and am quite chuffed with the end result. 

I was in Chester yesterday enjoying lunch with a friend, fortunately the BBC got the weather forecast wrong, so although it was grey it was dry.   We were disappointed not to get our preferred Italian lunch,  twice we tried to get a table, then gave up and headed to a nearby pub, there we settled for a chilli.   Of course having eaten we then saw lots of cafes, restaurants!  Since neither of us are big shoppers we just mooched,  we did find the new age shop, my friend bought a very outlandish jacket, which was just 'HER'.   I picked up a summer top, very hippy.   We stopped for a cup of t4a, and got served some very weak looking tea...  then time to head home before rush hour got going.   So a nice afternoon.   Made me laugh when we both got ignored in Browns, by all the make up lot!   For all they knew we could have been two very rich ladies. 

Tomorrow I have an all day drumming workshop.  Really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Visitors