Saturday 12 February 2011

The real deal

It arrived, thank you Goldcoast drums...  my lovely drum arrived yesterday  morning, of course I wasn't in to receive it.  But that left my mum and the district nurse in a state of curiosity as to what was in this large box marked Fragile.   I wondered what colour bag I'd got,  the bag came free with the drum, but would it be plain old black?  Nope, it was bright orange, well mainly orange in an ethnic pattern.   She has a great tone,  perfectly tuned,   my worry was that I'd end up with a rubbish drum, but nope,  she is perfect.   I also thought from the pic that she was plain, but again I was wrong,  gorgeous colours, red and black.   I had a session in the afternoon,  got some rhythms up on Youtube,  some were good in how they explained how to play, others were rubbish, they just launched in to it and then said it was a tutorial!   Not in my book.  But then just went ad hoc and had some fun.  Which to me is how it should be.

Of course since I've had such a happy week there had to be a banana skin at some point.   And so it was,  took mum up to meet her friends at a coffee shop and on way back noticed a warning light on the car. Had no idea what it meant, so looked in manual, it said there was a fault in the engine,  which means it could be any number of things.  So I'll have to take it to the garage, it is luckily under warranty, phew.  Would just like it to be something very simple.   Just don't seem able to string together a long period of luck or a happy time,  something it seems always has to go wrong, and it usually ends up costing money.   Funnily enough I'd washed the car in the morning cos it was so dirty, then after I remembered to learn how to open up the bonnet, couldn't figure out how tho,  a damn nuisance not being able to kneel down,  a neighbour helped out and he found where the release catch was.    All this new fangled stuff in engines may make life easier, but it also means more can go wrong, and usually does.   I am glad that the car has, what Nissan have charmingly called a 'hijack' lock, it means I can lock all the doors once I've got in,  so no door can be opened from outside, it gives me peace of mind.  One of the things that always worried me about central locking that once the car was open anyone could get in if you stopped.  Anyway, please keep all fingers and toes crossed that the engine fault is minor.
I need the car this week,  mum has a hospital appointment, and then there is the shopping,  taking mum here and there.
Thought I'd put up a pic of my djembe bag,  no chance of me losing it is there? 
Did some crafting today,  made a swap card, it had to be of recycled things.  Must admit I was a bit stumped,  I've stopped hanging on to stuff in case it comes in useful, cos it rarely does.   But have managed to cobble something together.   Then I had a play with my pro marker aqua pens,  they're lovely,  I'd bought a picture stamp,  so was able to really make use of the pens,  I didn't think it was a bad first result, will post a photo tomorrow. 
Missed most of the Martha Stewart craft day on QVC, saw a few bits, but there wasn't anything that really took my fancy.  And it looks like the next TSV will be the Vagabond,  not for me,  it is just a very fancy looking die cutting/embossing machine.   I'm not into the grunge thing either that Tim Holtz favours,  just doesn't grab me.   I like watching what he does,  it is very clever,  but just doesn't float my boat.   So I hope on Tim Holtz day there is other stuff to buy.  It would be nice also to have a QVC scrapbook craft day. 

Have a lovely weekend,  stay safe and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors