Thursday 3 February 2011

How it can all go wrong

Not happy with this page,  something isn't quite right and not sure what!  Think it is the papers I've chosen.   Nothing is stuck down yet,   I think all the elements work... but just not happy with it.

It's been a pretty hectic week,   yesterday was the usual food shop, then off to medical in afternoon.  Only it would be in centre of town,  which is difficult to park.   Thought I'd got lucky, spotted a parking space,  just needed to move forwards a few feet and it was mine,  except chap in front also had same idea and he nabbed it!   Rats.  So had to find another spot,  and knowing that area I took first one I found,  so of course on walk back I saw loads of parking spots.  Typical.   Also typical was that it had to start raining as I started walking  - so got very soggy.  I'm wising up to these medicals,  they always seem to be trying to trip you up,   doc wanted me to go first up the stairs (not a very disabled friendly building at all),   so I decided to make no extra effort, just to be myself, and show him exactly what I have to put up with every day.  Got all the usual questions, then surprised him when he asked if I was given rehab straightaway after my first operation,  when I said no he raised his eyebrows so told him it was well and truly mashed,  he'll see when he gets all my x-rays.   I wasn't allowed to do any rehab, or remove brace for 8 very long weeks. 
It was odd being back in that area of town,   where I went to university,  tho it has all changed, more restaurants,  most of them looked very pretentious,   and sadly all the old shops had gone, all turned into bars.   Very sad about that, those old shops were a treasure trove of stuff, all second hand,  but great to go mooching about in.    The most pretentious bar was still there,  got introduced to it many moons ago,  oh boy was it snobbish,  but it also did good food.   That was the only reason I would go there, far preferred the Everyman,  all veggie fayre but delicious.   Back at home made mistake of asking mum what she wanted for dinner, a roast or something simple, and what did she choose - the roast!   So we had toad in the hole, which for the uninitiated is sausages in a yorkshire pudding.   I'm now excelling myself in the gravy stakes,  and yes we had crispy roast potatoes.   So tonight we had the simple dinner, which mum was supposed to cook, but guess who ended up cooking?  Yes, me.  Oh well....  be even simpler tomorrow. 
Weather is horrendous,  gales and horizontal rain,  nothing like what they've had in Australia, but bad for us.  Stay safe wherever you are.

No comments:

Visitors