Tuesday 15 February 2011

Huge sigh of relief...

Took car to garage,  the chap did warn me that they were busy with services, but they'd get to my car by the afternoon. So spent a restless day waiting for a phone call, couldn't even do any drumming.  I was going to but realised that fancy monitor doesn't have any speakers!  LOL, only taken me two years to notice.  The new headphones I have block out all sound,  so that meant I wouldn't hear the phone.   Didn't find out what was wrong with car till nearly 5pm,  fortunately it was something minor and was about to be fixed.  Phew.  But no point in battling in the rush hour to get up to garage, so told them I'd pick up car today.  The best bit is: nothing to pay because of the warranty.   So car is purring nicely once again and I am breathing more easily.  Guess old habits die hard, having had a succession of second hand cars,  well used,  I've got used to a car going wrong and there being a bill to pay.   Not amused by price of insurance, it has leapt up these last few years,  to cover the cost of uninsured motorists, but rising prices are surely going to put more off getting insurance? 

Put a pic up of my swap card,  all cobbled together from an old Chinese calendar,  not that happy with it but best I could do with what I had.   These days I don't hang on to stuff,  it gets recycled or goes in the bin if it can't be.  
Not so nice weather wise, cold, raining and then it got windy at lunch time!  But had a great drumming practice this afternoon, found a couple of lessons on youtube,  so practiced them till I got them down pat.  Then made up a few rhythms of my own,   I did order a DVD from amazon, so fingers crossed that comes in the next couple of days.   Just eager to improve my skills,  and it is so relaxing.  Made sure it wasn't too loud, kept the noise levels down, besides you don't need to bash a drum. 
Well off to watch last hour of the kanban anniversary.

No comments:

Visitors