Thursday 24 February 2011

Time keeps flying by

or is it cos our bins are now collected a day earlier?   It does get confusing.   Had a fab drumming session on Monday,  proudly showed off my new drum, it did get Kevin's approval, he said it had a nice tone and lovely bass.   We did some practice, then learned a new rhythm, which I kept losing.  Got so frustrating,  I'd be happily drumming along and then... lost it!   I've signed up for a beginners workshop this Sunday,  they all told me it will be very useful.

Today was beautiful,  sunny, quite warm,  also noticed that our crocuses have finally poked their heads thru,  didn't think they had survived the big chill, but they have.  In fact the garden is slowly coming back to life, more green bits than brown.  Got new growth on all the stuff I pruned.   Must get a new Clematis,  will do that this weekend - just need to remember!   Think I'll need to replace a few bushes,  one just died during the big chill and it isn't showing any signs of life. 
Of course it was the Stateside Craft day on QVC this Tuesday,  managed to stay awake for launch of the TSV, which I thought would be the Vagabond,  but it wasn't,  they went for a Tim Holtz kit,  didn't think I'd buy it,  but I did, well a good few hours later.   Felt that a lot of what was being sold with Tim's name on it was a bit overpriced,  and more easy pay would have been helpful.   One woman came on an said she'd bought 17 items!   I'm sure she'll enjoy all her goodies. 
Only made one card this week, see above.  Had mini blitz on the stash,  I'm giving away a lot of coloured card stock, don't use it anymore.  All will be going to a good cause, a craft group for teens at a local library, they're short of stuff.  Need to go thru the rest of it and what hasn't been used is going.   I should just concentrate on scrapbooking,  but do get tempted by the card kits! 

Fingers crossed that at last I'll be having lunch with a friend tomorrow,  we've had to cancel four times! Weather forecast is rubbish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cass, not much crafting going on here this week. Itching to get my Gruffalo scrap page done, but have to wait until my visitors go back home on Sunday!

I'm really getting into this Blog lark, and have started one of my own. Kept it quiet in case I lost interest, but as its an online diary of sorts, I find I come back to it more and more

Keep crafting!
Karen xxx
(Karens Papercraft Life)

Visitors