Thursday 6 October 2011

What a difference a brayer makes...

We are always told not to blame the tools, but in this case I am breaking that rule cos using the speedball brayer I managed to do it like Barbara!    I really didn't think it would make any difference, but then I heard her say that the speedball was spongy, whereas the brayer I had was rock hard.   So here is the result with the speedball...  so easy.    Need to work on this pic it isn't quite right yet,  the stamp only gives some of the Owl, so may need to make the moon a bit bigger.    Got very inky and messy which was lovely.  Problem is with doing this stuff is you realise that you need a lot more ink pads!   I'm making do with what I've got, but I am going to have to get a few more.    I am finding this far more interesting than just sticking toppers on.  

There wasn't much else to do today,  weather is a compete contrast to last weeks heatwave,  cold, blowing a gale and belting down with rain.  Haven't moved far all day,   made it down the path to retrieve the recycling bins, so carefully tossed half way down street by recycling team!   Feel like complaining as this happens every week, our recycling bins are just slung down the street,  we're lucky sometimes if we can locate them.   They don't behave like that in the posh part of town!   We all complained earlier in the year at the disgusting state they and the bin men had left our street it,  rubbish everywhere, and it did improve, but they seem to be sliding back to their bad old ways. 

Also have neighbour issues,   new neighbour seems to have a penchant for slamming doors in her flat, as well as yelling at the top of her voice.  It's been like that for the last 3 nights, keeping a record of it all,  my thoughts are that if you give her enough rope she'll hang herself.  She's had one warning already. 

Still feeling excited over my aromatherapy course, got out the aromatherapy kit I bought off ebay, wasn't sure if it had any carrier oils but it has!   So now just need some empty bottles and I can make up a few lotions.  Wonder if my mate Elaine has any at her place?  Mmmm...   could take a couple of cup cakes and find out tomorrow. 

take care all, many thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors