Friday 11 September 2009

9/11 eight years on


I well remember the date 9.11.01, one I and I suspect others will never forget. I had an odd day at work, was spending morning in one library and afternoon in another. During the morning I felt edgy, really snappy, I went home for lunch, and cos I had travelling time, didn't arrive at second library till nearly 2pm. As I parked my car I remember hearing the news, and couldn't believe it, at that point it seemed like a tragic accident. In work we got a call from an old colleague who said turn on the TV, so we did, and we all watched in total disbelief. It looked like armaggedon. The world seemed to go into slow motion, we could see people passing, obviously aware of what was happening in America. We had people coming in, worried, asking what was happening. I well remember my drive home that evening, no-one was hurrying anywhere, you knew that everyone was tuned in to the radio, I got home to find my mum in shock, with the TV on. We spent the rest of the night watching, unable to take in what we'd seen.

It was a day that would be imprinted on all our minds. So guess what the US coast guard decided to do today, of all days... hold an hijack exercise! You just couldn't make it up. What planet do these wallies live on? I do hope a few heads will roll.

Now to be boring, trotted off in search of some new clothes, saw some nice stuff in M&S, a bit pricey tho. So headed off to a well known supermarket, beginning with first letter of alphabet, to go look at their clothes, which I keep getting told are fab. Er, not were I was, what a load of tat. Cheap and piled high, creased, shabby looking, drab colours, far rather spend the extra elsewhere for better quality. And can we just have classics? I don't want 3 quarter length sleeves, or nipped in waists, just want nice clothes that will not age. Okay! Notice how they never mess with blokes clothes the way they do with women's!

Got home, to cook dinner, well couldn't be bothered, as for 3 days my dear mother has been late, she has a mobile, yet never thinks to tell me when she will arrive home! So feeling fed up, and in a 'I can't be bothered' mode, I gave up on dinner. By some miracle mum remembered to call me, guess who got a big surprise? Yep, she did, being told that I wasn't cooking dinner. It was a case of 'get it yourself'. I settled for a sausage butty. Oh we have eaten very well rest of week, all fresh stuff, plenty of veg, but tonight, yep, it was junk, and who cares!

Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Visitors