Tuesday 22 September 2009

Tum, tee, tum, tee



Tum! Here is the second of my W&G cards, cut the W&G bit out of the stripey paper (used that on another card), and used the star chipboard in the centre... how easy was that! Got more ideas for cards, would like to attempt some pop up ones as well.

Funny old day, was having odd dreams, very odd, but can't remember any of them. Woke up with the munchies at 5 a.m., and in an odd way it was nice to feel hungry, haven't felt like that for 3 weeks. Even my hair cooperated by allowing me to put it into a decent looking hairstyle. I watch my hairdresser carefully, but can I do what he does... can I heck. Need 3 hands. Didn't have to do much in the morning, good thing as energy ran out at 11 a.m. Then toddled off for meeting with boss and someone from HR. Made me laugh, they were both extremely anxious to make me feel relaxed, that this was just a meeting, had to tell them both that I'd been thru the medical retirement process before and not to worry. So it was me putting them at ease. But each time I visit my old workplace I am reminded of why I don't want to be there anymore, not that I am 'up' to being there, the customers, the daftness of the management... silly projects that some twit somewhere dreams up. And all the shysters, having joined library many, many times, and are all owing a huge amount in fines, but because no id is required, they can keep on joining, keep on taking books, CDs, DVDS, and never return them... and we wonder why local government finances are in trouble! I am relieved in some ways that I am not able to go back, I do miss my workmates, they are very good bunch of people who deserve to be treated better.

Then I hobbled off to get some supplies, first time for me to have a longish walk... and guess what, knee is same as it was when it had the wires in! Well the surgeon did say I may only gain a bit of comfort, and he has been right, it it is more comfortable not having a knee full of wire. But the pain is still there, but at least i know what pain it is. Was thinking tho, this time last year I had a wrist in plaster and my knee in a brace... ! The wrist has recovered nicely, once I got rid of the stiffness, found that crafting was the best thing for it, the knee, well it is just one unhappy knee, as described by my surgeon's houseman! Made me laugh, he was such a nice young man, staring at my knee, saying: it is a very unhappy knee. We were both giggling when my surgeon walked in! That young doctor will go far, he had a great bedside manner.

Well best get back to my writing... hopefully will be producing more W&G stuff of my own soon.

No comments:

Visitors