Wednesday 30 September 2009

I don't believe it!


Back in June I had to go buy a new iron, the old one had done well, it was ten years old. So you can imagine how blue the air was when I plugged in my nearly new iron and... nowt, not one teensy bit of steam... cold as a dodo. I wouldn't have minded but I'd just taken down summer curtains, and needed to iron the heavy curtains... so had to go all way up to Curry's! But didn't get any hassle, just had to choose new iron, then off back home to finish off curtains. Of course the unforseen car trip delayed me, and didn't have time to make toad in the hole, so it was sausage and mash. But 3 months for an iron? And it was a good make as well. Chap in Currys made me laugh, he helped me search for the replacment, and pointed to the only Tefal they had, £89! He had to be kidding.... that much on an iron... I don't think so. Had to pay a bit more for the replacement.

Did end up buying a kit from QVC, the kanban kit, must have the kanban bug. I spotted it, but wanted to see the demo, so put it in my 'shopping cart' just as Dawn started to demo it, good thing as it had sold out by time she'd finished. Luckily mine was safe. Just be nice if it would get here before the weekend? Then today I picked up the papercraft Xmas issue, I'm a sucker for kits with magazines... this one has pots of glitter, some nice papers and die cuts. But QVC were wrong, one shop did have the slice for a lot less than QVC! Think what I'd like to see from the manufacterers is a cutting machine, electronic, but which you can plug in a usb, and download designs from a site to the usb... for a smallish fee. The robo may as well go, I'm simply not using it, too much faffing with the darn thing.

Pic: scrapbooking. For this I used a plastic template for the LO, it needed a beach theme type paper, so used some pale coral card for the mats, used the leftovers to make the frames round the peel offs, which I coloured, die cuts were from an old LMC issue, pics are of Santa Monica, the beach and the shopping precinct.

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors