Sunday 27 September 2009

Mister blue sky.....


Yay, at last a bit of blue sky and some sun. Wondered what to do and got out some photos, did a lucky dip, ended up with 3 photos... and then sat in a happy scrapping mess.... all afternoon.

This is one of my efforts, found the lovely teale card, just seemed to go with the photo of the Santa Monica Pier sign, which I took as dusk fell. Behind it is some posh restaurant, which only had a fish menu.... :-( Not that keen on fish. Me and my two friends all wanted to go eat there, but none of us could find anything we liked on the menu. Pity cost it overlooked the pacific ocean and the pier. I at long last found some use for my flip flop brads, bought them on a whim two years ago and they've been gathering dust ever since. Rest of the page was left overs from other stuff, except for the light blue card, I used a tearing ruler to get the wavy effect. Very satisfying.

Felt more upbeat today, but it is a struggle to get there. Think it is because I'm in limbo land, still technically employed, but know I won't go back to my old job, and the future is er, blank, at the moment. Something will turn up, it usually does and I'm not in any hurry. Should be able to organise a course or two this week, that bug I had seems to have moved on. Knee is a bit worrying, have a very painful lump in it, and a nasty dent where there should be a dent... this knee thing has one last sting in its tail I just know it.

Also time to start sorting out wedding outfit, no I ain't going to any great expense, seen a trouser suit in M&S that will do nicely. And no hat, I am not a hat person, yeah, you can see how keen (not) I am to attend this wedding... could pass me by and I wouldn't care. Mind you barclays have just given me a ten pound voucher for debenhams... mmmm, may go look there.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, enjoy the week to come.

No comments:

Visitors