Sunday 6 September 2009

Where did it go?

Came as a shock to realise it is September, keep wondering where this year has gone! Much of it has been spent attending hospital appointments, physio, or having operations. Feel like I am in limbo, until knee frees up a bit more I'm kinda stuck! Going to see if I can manage to drive tomorrow, if so then I'll go enrol on a course.

I said last year that I couldn't wait to see the back of 08, I feel the same with 09, it hasn't been a whole lot better. For every step I've taken in a forward direction, I feel as tho I've been dragged back two. On the upside am now back in touch with two old friends, and we have a much healthier friendship. I've not been stressed at work, cos I ain't been at work! The few times I have called in have only served to remind me that I really do need to move on and leave that job behind. The job itself is lovely, as are all my colleagues, it is management wot have ruined it. When will managers learn that if they treat their staff well, listen to them, take on board their ideas, then the staff will respond. But it has all become about targets, and we're talking about a library, which should be about borrowing books, not having to justify a book display, or any other project. Everything has to have an outcome... grrrrr. And it is mostly run by people who have no experience of library work... a few weeks spent at the coal face so to speak would be beneficial to them.


I kinda want to make a leap into the dark, go try something totally new. I beleive that things happen for a reason, so there is a reason behind my accident, I think it was to take stock and to figure out what it is I really want to do. I enjoy crafting, anything creative, and I'm back writing. But there are other things I want to explore, time I think to stop procrastinating and get on with it.

A productive two days craft wise, made up the new stuff, so have 3 lovely nativity cards, and two cute children's Xmas cards, and today finally got round to making a scrap page challenge. Just need to finish off the journalling.

Weather is set to turn fair this week, hope so, really would like to see some sun and get out.

Hope you all had a good weekend... and FAO Cazzy, can't seem to be able to leave comments on your blog! The new system has bamboozled me.

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

Is there a new system Cass? I didn't know about it. I haven't changed anything.

I have been having problems leaving comments on certain blogs too, mostly typepad ones, I think it happens when firefox updates, that has happened before!

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Cazzy x

Cazzy said...

Hmmm, I haven't been getting many comments lately.....

Visitors