Saturday 16 January 2010

Been spending!


Finally decided to go buy myself The Slice,  was doing my usual dithering,  then decided to stop being negative.  I'd got money from sale of two cameras,  hobbycraft vouchers and some cash,  so I just needed to put £30 toward it.  So off I headed, tho I had no idea if Hobbycraft stocked it, they don't on their online store.  I scanned the craft shelves and had almost given up when... yee ah!   There it was, sneakily lurking on the bottom shelf.    She seemed happy to see me and leapt into my basket..  and off we went to checkout.   I ignored voice that said 'its too expensive'!    Besides got my robo to sell on ebay and my Big Shot,  so I shall have space and some cash, may buy another cartridge for the Slice. 

I've never managed to completely master the robo,  and most of the time it lays there gathering dust.  I've found it just too much of a faff to use,  it won't recognise the thickness of the card/paper,  I do a test cut, it cuts but when it goes to cut it either chomps at it or misses the paper completely.  I've followed all instructions,  the software is so weird...  I am sure with effort they could make it easier to use,  like the silhouette!  Same machine, different software, sort of.  Did think of seeing if I could buy the software for the silhouette and convert my robo, but frankly I've had enough of it.  I know others love it,  but I just ain't one of them. 

Will be having a bigger play with my new toy tomorrow,  got some pages to do, so it will be put to good use.  It was a doddle to set up,   managed to get right amount of glue on cutting mat,  and that was that,  I was up and running.   Think it was about 45 mins before I managed to get anything out of the robo. 

I'm a very happy bunny right now.

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

What are we like, I bought one of those too!

Cazzy x

Cass said...

Great aren't they, I love it, so easy to use.

Visitors