Thursday 7 January 2010

Winter time...


Isn't that fantastic!  A snowdalek,   actually I've been seeing all sorts of snow creations on our local BBC channel,  Shrek, igloos, snow dogs, cats....   and all we made as kids were Snowmen. Last one I made was 1981, with my mum,  in fact I have a pic of it somewhere.  Those were the days when I wasn't overly bothered by snow and ice.  Now I am rather tentative, only cos of this dicky knee.    Going to venture out tomorrow, either I'll fall flat on my face or make it to car... 

Can't believe how many schools are shut, one is shut near me,  and we've only had a bit of snow....    they're going on about health and safety for the children, er, are these the same kids that are doing paper rounds, going out sledging...  I am sure they could manage to get to school.   Or let's take off the days lost off the half term and summer holidays...    seems fair to me.

So I had another day of being stuck inside, think I am now getting cabin fever,  need to get out.  Think mum could to if she made an effort, we do have some of those snow things that she could put on her shoes, so she can get good grip.   I've just been noticing how she has gone backwards over the last few months, very rapidly,  wish someone would do a study on the confidence thing regarding walking in the elderly,  I am sure more could be done.   If my mum were ten years younger I think she would be making more of an effort.  It is all in her head,  she can stand up without support, she can walk unaided, but she just lacks the confidence.   I never thought she would settle for sitting in a chair, that just wasn't my mum, she always had to be doing things... now she has willingly allowed me to just take over the running of her life. 

Well expecting more snow at the weekend,   this is going to be a long, cold winter.

take care folks.

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Wow, there are some talent people out there or are they all buying giant jelly moulds?

You take it easy on the slippery stuff young Cass!

Cazzy x

Visitors