Monday 18 January 2010

Bye Bye Big Shot


I was so happy when I bought the Big Shot,  I was new to crafting and in that 'I will by anything phase', and really hadn't thought it thru.  Once I'd got it, only then did it occur to me that it was going to get expensive buying the dies, and that I may not want to use them much.   I did sort of use it, but it was too big and cumbersome,  well it was for someone who doesn't have a dedicated craft room.     I soon fell out of love with it, and then got persuaded to by a robo...   that is heading for ebay soon. 

But my Big Shot is no more,  it will be on its way to a new owner very soon, hope they get a lot out of it.  Quite surprised that it sold so quickly,  was planning to put the robo on ebay next week, looks like it will be going on in the next few days. 

Had a proper play with The  Slice yesterday,   did panic when it didn't cut!  A quick look at the instructions sorted things out, it wasn't fully charged,  once it was it cut card, paper...   all very happily.   Now starting to get the hang of it,  wasn't wasting as much paper.   I'd bought a blank calendar,  papermania,  and decided to use The Slice to add some lettering to it,  first tho I had to make the 'calendar bit',  the months,  which proved easy with Word, just made a table, used an old calendar for a template and it was easy peasy after that. I used photo paper to print it out.    Got the front cover done, and January.  Then today I tidied up my scrapbook stash and found some nice winter paper...    doh!     Should get calendar finished by end of week I think,  need some pva glue really.

Craft day on QVC tomorrow, will tune in to see what they've got.  Still waiting to hear what they are going to do re my magnetic mat... 

Hope you all had a good weekend. 

No comments:

Visitors