Friday 15 January 2010

Half way thru January!


Yikes,  we're now halfway thru the first month of the year, how scary is that? 

At least our snow has disappeared, we had heavy downpours of rain, so that must have helped to wash all the salt and grit away.   Mind you I didn't have to venture far to find snow, just a couple of miles inland and there was plenty of the stuff,  most of it decidedly grey and mushy.    But it was a joy to be able to get out and about without the danger of slipping over.   Big matter when you have a dodgy knee.   I did have some ice grippers, which were a big help.   May invest in more,  spotted some on ebay.  

My new venture tho is in the pic, what me and a friend came up with in a very bored 5 minutes...  to get Aleksandr a star... http://grubs2009.blogspot.com/  go there and read more about it.  More posts will be coming soon.   We're also on facebook, just look up G.R.U.B.S and the above pic...   and join our Cast!  Oh go on, everyone needs a bit of silliness in their life.  We've decided to campaign to get Aleksandr, that most courageous of meerkats,  a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame,   it does cost money, but hey,  if enough subscribe the cost will be minimal,  and there'll be one helluva party.    Not sure about the termite toasties tho...  vodka shots,  mmmm...    prefer Gin. But we can overcome these things together and put a smile on all faces...  go on, join in,  you know you want to.  LOL.

Am also feeling a bit virtuous,  at last got rid of unwanted presents,  sorry to be ungrateful, but I take showers, I not wallow in baths... and nephews have been warned,  any more bath stuff and they will be doomed to a yearly supply of very unfashionable underpants and socks!  As I see it, I make effort, so should they.  Nuff said, anyway it they've all gone to a better cause,  and also offloaded the recycling stuff at last.   Now just got to get stuff up on to ebay...    plans are going well but slowly. 

Enjoy the weekend all.

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

I told my folks no ornaments or I will start shipping previous ones out. So they bought this big box in, very pleased with themselves, it was a flamin 52 piece terriyaki set, not dishwasher proof either. (I blame bid up TV, they said it is for when you cook your Chinese food and we want to come and use it, well apart from it being Japanese - didn't mention that, I don't cook Chinese. DH gets takeaway or we go to Chinese and I have steamed everything with no soy).
I do not have anywhere to put that, wish I had stuck to the ornament now! It has gone in cupboard in spare room, will be shipping out soon hopefully to new home or charity shop.

Cazzy x

Visitors