Thursday 21 January 2010

Clunk....


Pic was taken in 2008, about a month after I had bust my knee,  now it looks like it will be opened up and replaced!  Great way to start the new decade I guess. 

Was hoping that I wouldn't have to do much waiting at hospital, but as usual I did,  the appointment time came and went, didn't get sent to x-ray till 30 mins later,  came back to be told that docs were held up in theatre...  was thinking of abandoning the appointment, but decided to stick it out.   Found I still have a wire in my knee, they removed all but one bit,  think that is holding it all together.   But registrar agreed that knee may need replacing, but he needs to talk to boss surgeon.  So have to go back in four weeks, or possibly sooner...  

It was another hectic day, well morning,  had washing to do, and had to catch up on housework, my bedroom was a tip.  I can only stand so much mess...  can't imagine how some people live with messy houses, like those you see on that How Clean is your house show.    After that I flopped in chair, enjoying having nowt to do, watched Loose Women, slightly surprised by the lack of hangovers after their success at the NTA awards.   More lounging around till it was time to set off for hospital,  appointment was slap bang at start of rush hour,   so traffic was murder.   Was hoping it would be better on way home, but there'd been a crash outside the hospital, no-one badly injured, more wounded pride... but it was causing chaos as it was at a junction,  looked like someone had taken a chance and not made it. 

But what did get my goat on way home was how many idiotic drivers there are,  I am not talking about silly driving, but the idiots who insist on driving with their lights on full beam, so they blind everyone!   Do they really think it makes them look clever?   I had one guy coming towards me, full beam, fog lights on, so I replied by putting my lights on full beam, he didn't like that... prat.  Where did that stupid fad begin, it is all young drivers...  

Got a late night,  lots of tennis on from Aus Open.  Andy Murray is due on at about 4 a.m.,   ugh...  

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

Well it is a handy place to have an accident I guess. I remember having to take someone to hospital and as we were leaving in Grampy's car that I was driving one of the boys pulled out the back seat cigarette lighter said what's that and stuck his finger in it - just as we were passing A&E so back inside we went....

Cazzy x

Cass said...

Yep, very handy, it happens more than you think.... I once sped with blue lights on from A&E to road outside hospital to attend an RTA...

And got no idea what that foreign comment was about, not sure i want to either.

Visitors