Friday 29 January 2010

Not a happy week

Nope, not been a good week.  On Monday got news that one of mum's friends had had a massive stroke,  she is poorly but stable.   She is only allowed family visitors.   Next came my car, and its MOT, it failed, badly, needed a lot of work doing, but it had to be done as I need it.  I reasoned that I'd not ever spent much on it, and it has been reliable,   so was without car all week.  Then on Tuesday rang HR to see what was happening, and found out that they'd turned me down for medical retirement,  wasn't happy,  and want to know when that decision was made, cos there is going to be trouble. 

I did amuse myself with my Slice,  tho the second design cartridge I bought proved to be faulty,  I sent it back to QVC and today they sent me an e-mail saying I'd got a refund,  didn't ask for refund, asked for replacement!   Can I be bovvered to ring them up?  Not sure...  Also have mysterious parcel or letter to pick up at sorting office, someone has sent me something but with the incorrect postage.   Can't think who has sent me anything, guess I'll find out tomorrow.   Used slice to do lettering for above scrap page, that was with new cartridge.... been having lots of fun with it.   Wonder how the new owner of my robo is getting on? 

Have now got car back, but not got bill, I am erring on the side of it being horrendous,  mum has said she'll pitch in,  well she needs it as much as I do.  It is the only time she contributes to the car,  and only when I'm strapped for cash, as I am right now. 

Weird day weatherwise,  started out grey,  then we had a lovely blue and sunny sky, next thing it is snowing!  This went on all afternoon,  really strange.   Well got two finals to watch,  want Henin and Murray to win in Australia....  got a date with TV at 8.30 tomorrow morning.    Breakfast in bed I think.

Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Visitors