Monday 11 January 2010

It's all gone slushy


Yuck,  hate it when snow turns to slush,  but the thaw continued. We did have a few flurries of snow, but not much.    Hope the thaw continues then I can get on with stuff this week, take stuff to charity shop,  got to take stuff to recycling centre,  look into some courses.  And all that involves being on foot, well some of the time.


Did do some crafting over the weekend,  got two scrap pages done.  They're on my other blog.  This pic is of my swap card,  which had to include New Years resolutions, which I never make,  so thought I'd just include the serenity prayer, that is something I try to do every day, and usually fail on some part of it.    I used 2 C6 cards (see getting technical now!), and glued them together,  then on one side I stuck some soft blue pearlescent card,  in the middle I chose a deep blue,  then used some glitter paper on top,  I printed out the 'resolutions' on the PC,  then added a few peel offs,  made the square round the sentiment using silver peel off lines.  I drew the box first, then stuck them down!   Kept the front plain,   as you can see, the stamp is from the stamp magazine,  can't remember its proper title.  I overlapped the blue pearlescent, and added a peel off border.  For the stamp, I stamped onto white pearlescent card, then matted and layered it onto some mirri card, and rounded the corners.  Did think about adding ribbon,  but wanted white and I didn't have any.

Looks like I'm not going to get my new craft mat!  Really annoyed,  QVC have said they'll write to me and offer me my money back, tho they do still have the item I want.   Thought this morning that I was going to get it when I spotted the courier with a large, flat parcel... but it was for a neighbour :-(

Didn't spot anything on the outlet show either.  Was intrigued yesterday by the clarity stamps,  watched the whole show.  Am very tempted to have a go, but it is a bit pricey.

Well all for now. 

No comments:

Visitors