Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow, snow, tread on a lump and down you go


At last we have joined the rest of the UK and have snow...  was beginning to feel a bit guilty, as we'd had a lot of heavy frosts, but only a sprinkling of snow.  But we had a good layer the other day, as you can see from photo, which was taken locally.   Now it has all frozen!

It all started on Tuesday,  I had just left house to go to get shopping,  and it was snowing lightly, but was a bit slippy.   Shoes I had on didn't help matters, so once I got to supermarket I looked at what they had in footwear, they had some boots so I bought a pair, and very cosy they are!   But by time I left supermarket the world had turned white...  and the snow was coming down very heavily.  It stayed like that all day.   It warmed up a bit, so some of the snow melted, but then it stopped melting and started to freeze,  and the buses stopped running...   so now I'm stuck!   Forecasters said we'll get more on Sunday,  so will have to get out at some point to get some essential bits like milk,  and bread.  

Mum hasn't even poked her nose over the door,   she keeps on moaning, but what good does that do?   I also don't feel like cooking meals,   cos of mum who is being very unappreciative!   I'm trying to make things appetising and warming, but does she pay any compliments - no.   Don't think I'll bother tomorrow.  I know she is fed up, so am I,  but she has got a phone, and she could contact her friends and have a natter if she wanted. 

Well it is freezing here already, in fact we never got above freezing today.  May try and get out tomorrow.

No comments:

Visitors