Wednesday 18 April 2012

Domestic devil...

As opposed to the Goddess,  housework is a necessary evil.  I am sure Dust was invented by man!   There is no purpose to dust,  so why do we have it?   My late aunt maintained that after the first two layers you never noticed it.    She eventually applied the same criteria to her garden, which came to resemble a jungle, the local kids loved it, it was rumoured several had to be rescued from it!  

Before the dreaded housework was the final dental appointment, just to have the denture altered,  just needed on bit to be smoothed... then it was bliss.    I had intended to be healthy and walk to dentist,  but just as I left the house it bucketed it down, so took car.   So justified taking it by carrying on to high street to do some shopping, get prescription and EAR PLUGS,  have to share room with mum in hotel and she snores...   

So after all the housework it was time for some crafting,  more tags?   Should I start the AB book?   Oh decisions...   took a look at the AB instructions, and have decided while I will make one,  I'll do my own thing.   But will start that next week.  So it was the tags.  I wanted to use my Slice machine,  a mini electronic die cutter, for those not familiar with it.    So having formed a vague plan, very vague,  I set to it.  I wanted to use the TH mask,  I like this one but so far haven't managed to use it.  I kept in mind all that Barbara Gray has said about adding colour, less is more...  

So I got to this stage.  Also went back over tag with the blending tool.  I used the Slice to cut out the birds, and the frame, using the Findings Card.   It was sort of coming together.  Yes red birds...   red ink pad to.  Not sure why I wanted red birds, in fact I didn't, but had no brown card, but do have the brown ink pad!   

Was it coming together, hard to tell?   It may take a bit of persuasion but this was all going to end up on the tag!  

Could hear mother muttering loudly about the ironing.  You would think I forced her to do it,  she insists on doing it as it is one of the few tasks she can do.  I am quite happy to iron my own stuff.  Sadly mum does not approve of my 'iron when needed' policy.  Back to tag... did it work... 

 
Dunno, you tell me?  Here is the finished work,  now all coloured, with red/brown birds,  mask now completely hidden, oh well the thought was there.   Nope not that happy with it.   Maybe I should stick to stamping?   Oh well a new day tomorrow,  oh have packing to do, must make list of what I need to take. 

Just had call from sister,  she was checking on whether I'd finished all the candles,  had them done ooooh ten days ago!  My Goddaughter is now in panic mode and driving everyone nuts.   Mum is driving me nuts, she has now decided that she doesn't really like the dress she bought for the wedding - not surprised, she took all of five minutes choosing it.  I'm not that sure about it either,  it is the wrong colour,  I guess I should have gone with her, but trusted my sister would help her make the right choice.   Right, camera is charged and ready to go...  make list...  and wonder why life has no fast forward button!  

But must make amends for this truly awful tag!   Idea was good...  it went wrong somewhere! 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I love it, it definately works for me. I have your swap tag sitting on my desk, will post it off tomorrow . .

I've decided to take plunge with AB too, got the criteria written down and headed for High Street tomorrow

Karen xxx

Julia S-W said...

I don't think your tag is 'truly awful'. I like the way you've built up the background. Perhaps covering it up at the bottom with the lovely bird was a bit too much. . . . . ? Hope you don't mind me saying but I would like to see what it looks like with just the sentiment, the flying birds and the lovely background. . . . . . . Just a thought. My sister and I do this all the time with our work and I think it helps to hear someone elses opinion - if you feel confident and comfortable with them though.

I bet you'll be glad when the wedding is over. . . . . . . . . .
Keep going Cassidy - you'll get there!
Juliaxx

Cass said...

Thanks Julia, good advice for the tag, I'll try that tomorrow.

Off for a much needed cuppa

Cassidy

Visitors