Saturday 26 January 2013

A little bit sketchy...

It's taken nearly all week but finally it is finished,  my Make My Monday piece which was a sketch.   That made a nice change from a theme and it meant I could make use of my new freebie stamp from Stamper. 

I used some watered down dylusions on a piece of canvas board,  which were applied with a sponge, not done that before as I usually opt for a brush.  Then came the masks,  which I'd forgotten I had. I wanted a lacy look down the middle,  so used the biggest mask and some TH distress ink.



I cut the squares out using a die,  another item that has hardly been used, sad as it is so pretty,

but it was perfect for this job. I embossed the stamp with some black detail powder, and added a touch of distress inks, blue and purple.

The heart was made from some chipboard,  which got smeared with embossing paste then doused in the purple dylusions.  I gave it a blast with the heat gun and got the wrinkles, so put a bit of rub and buff on them.   This was all accidental,  especially the dyslusion bit as I pressed the plunger too hard!  But it was a very happy accident as I got this lushious colour.

So had two squares that seemed to need something - a flower maybe?    Why not.   Used my X cut die, just choosing to make 3 layers,  the usual dylusions and then they were embossed,  again the rub and buff was applied, and a nice big chunky pearl in the middle.  I raised up the layers using pinflair.  Oh and they got a few blasts of spray and shine.

That was going to be it,  then I spotted some butterfly wings... and was tempted.  Rather than use the grungeboard I used them as a template and cut them from card,  and embossed them with the same folder I'd used for the flowers.  Another few blasts of spray and shine,  for the body I used some very old (very old) stash of pearls.   Then I added the sentiment, which is a quote from Maya Angelo.



The quote is: 

The desire to reach for 
the stars is ambitious. 
The desire to reach hearts is wise.

She is one of my favourite authors and always seems to come up with the right thing to say.  

A really enjoyable make,  I didn't mind it being spread over the week, and if I didn't change my mind so much it would have taken a couple of afternoons!  

Thanks for stopping by.  



No comments:

Visitors