Wednesday 23 January 2013

More white stuff

Spoke too soon about the snow disappearing as it came back today.  Started off with sleet, then mid morning the flakes were getting bigger.  I know they say that each flake is different, but how do they actually know? 

I was also out in the snow,  needed some fresh air and a walk so hobbled off to high street,  and with the pavements clear I thought I'd take advantage.  I thought the knee was doing well till it gave way!  Guess I'll keep going with the exercises. 

After lunch it was back to the craft table, to finish off the MMM piece. 


I did the background yesterday, used dylusions which had been watered down then applied with a sponge.   I had also made the flowers,  cut and dylusioned, then embossed and buffed,  also used some spray and shine on them. For the mats I used one of my dies which hasn't actually had much use.  I used some linen effect cream card, did think about colouring it but it looked nicer 'au naturelle).  Then the middle bit which is the stamp from the Stamper mag,  heat embossed with black detail powder,  and a smudge of the dylusions.

I also did some masking,  had some TH masks,  so used it with the distress inks to make a 'band' in the centre.

It was still needing something, the MMM challenge also had a heart, so I went with that as there was one lying around.

Got this idea from a blog,  using embossing paste which was thinly spread on, then a quick splurt of dylusions,  the darker bits are where the paint gathered,  plus the wrinkles give a nice effect, just a dab of the buff on to finish it off.   I've not used the paste in this way,  just with stencils. Sadly my white paste had gone rock hard,  my fault for not securing the top properly  Also learned the trick of stamping into it, which is to moisten the stamp so it doesn't pick up the paste.  I'll try that another time.  Now it just needs a sentiment.

This was a very satisfying make,   nice change to use a sketch as the challenge.   Still got time for another challenge entry I think.  We're due for more snow,  just as well I bought some proper boots,  was almost tempted by the psychedelic wellies but they didn't have any in my size :-( 

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments.

1 comment:

Julia S-W said...

Beautiful card with so many lovely elements. I love the use of the freebie stamp and the heart makes me want to rush and get my paste out straight away. I've never done a sketch challenge so you've got one on me there!
Juliaxx

Visitors