Sunday 6 January 2013

Chuffed!

I had a nice surprise today,  I checked the ABAC challenge blog to find I'd made the 'sensational seven'!    That really cheered me up as there hasn't been a lot to smile about lately,  it was my Christmas tag,  on which I worked very hard.  It is so nice to have some recognition. 

So with my mojo rejuvenated I set to work on the carriage clock which is pictured here.  It is quite large,  and will be fully functioning by the end. It was when I was mucking around yesterday with some embossing powders that gave me the idea of how to decorate the main body of the clock,  the rest I want to be a mix of pictures and cogs, maybe a few watch parts as well.


So I gave front and back a coat of radiant rain, using the copper and gold.  Not yet finished the front, but I can say I like what I've done so far, which has been a mix of embossing powders and frantage, with some UTEE chucked in.   It took a while just to complete the top bit,  lots of sponging of versamark to get the base layers down which were gold, silver, copper and black.  Then came a thin layer of UTEE,  to give the frantage something to adhere to.   I also plan other stuff,  but more of that in the coming days! 

I also planned the inside,  cut loads of cogs so I have a good selection to choose from,  some were also dunked in embossing powder and UTEE.  I cut some in silver, but think they may be a bit 'bright',  may tame them down with some alcohol inks.  Not yet selected the pictures, but I really do feel excited by this project.

This is a practice for the inside background,  more radiant rain,  then a crumpled up plastic bag and black soot dabbed on, then pressed onto card.  I then embossed it, but now I think I prefer it plain,  and there will be enough interest with the cogs and pictures.   Also spotted the new challenge on Sunday Stampers which is wings, I've got an Owl here that I've been dying to do something with. 

Not been a bad day,  CnC had Barbara Gray this morning, with lots of new stamps.  I just love watching her work,  I really have learned a lot from her.   I'm planning to save up to join her club for my birthday.  And it has been our 3rd dry day!  Okay so it was cloudy, but it was dry.  Just hope the dry weather carries on for a while longer,  think we've all had enough of the wet stuff!

Thanks for stopping by,  have a lovely week.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cassidy, I like how this project is progressing and can't wait to see the finished project. Congratulations on your success with the tag - you do make fabulous tags. Hope all is going well on the home front and that the weather has kept good for you. Elizabeth xx

Visitors