Tuesday 9 April 2013

Tuesday tidy up

Today I had a massive declutter of my stash.  I was pretty ruthless,  a lot is going to the carer's craft group.  The rest has been sorted out, at least now I know what I have.  Still got a bit more to do, but the end is in sight!

I also wanted to do a challenge, so opted for MYM as I enjoy making my own backgrounds. I'd found this shaped cardstock during the declutter, makes a nice change from the usual square/rectangle etc.  I used some dylusions, then did a dylusion wash,  next came the plastic bag trick, then some stamping, finally I inked round the edges.  So one background and...


I needed something to go on it. I'd come across some vellum and backing papers,  but wanted to get away from the usual type of flowers so used my poinsettia die.  I put some UTEE on the paper flowers.    For a picture I used the tree stamp that came with the Get Stamping mag, but I wanted it to have green leaves... ?  I used versamark and copper powder, then used by versamark pen to pick out the leaves and added the green tinsel powder - it worked!  A little inking, and some random stamping, for the mat I used a die cut fram

I chose the Friends sentiment,  seemed fitting after all the support I've been receiving these last two weeks. I stamped the sentiment then lay the tag die on top and voila!  The set of tag dies is coming in very useful.

I can't beleive how much paper I unearthed today,  it had just been stuffed in any old place.  I'd really not had the inclination to carry out a declutter/tidy up.   Having got rid of mum's clothes I'd freed up a chest of drawers, so all the stash is now living in there, in order for a change.  I've also started to rearrange what is in my craft desk, just keeping the stuff I use all the time.  My add on table now has a bits box and I think the large tool box will be a thing of the past soon.  The carer's craft group will think Christmas has come early!  I know I could put some of it on ebay, but I'd rather donate it to a good cause. 

Here is the finished piece.  Just need to do the edges and it will be complete. 

Mum's ashes were also delivered today.  Not sure I was expecting such a large box!  Couldn't think were to put it until I scatter them so I put the box on her chair.   Initially the family said they all wanted to be there to help scatter the ashes, but one by one they've backed out.  I'm going to scatter them at her favourite places, and maybe put some around the rose bushes!  No reason to be morbid,  just being practical as mum would wish.  Just wondering how she feels about being joined by Maggie Thatcher, who she loathed, as did I.

Tomorrow is an out and about day,  have to go to the carer's centre and sort out a few things, and see if anyone needs a walker.  More trips to the recycling centre as well.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors