Thursday 23 April 2009

Finally....


The social have okayed my claim for ESA, which I made on 18th March! Mind you the inefficiency does not surprise me as the letter is diabolical, two paragraphs have been repeated, it is full of spelling mistakes... grrrr that is a pet hate of mine. Computers do have spell checkers so there is no excuse. So I'm solvent again. And best of all work owe me some money as they've deducted too much! Oh goody, cos I'm going away for a few days next month.

In meantime I have a craft fair to look forward to! It's being held at Aintree, I went last year and got lots of lovely stuff. I've got some money saved up so I will be able to splash the cash.

Not had much of a play with the LMC kit, here is one I managed to make earlier in the week. Also used my quote stamps, so glad I bought them, even if it was by mistake! Well I'd thought the price tag said 4.99, in fact they were 14.99, but they've been worth the expense. I took one of the dusky pink cards, cut out a semi circle, layered some glitter paper, and then cut some acetate, then attached the metal flowers with brads, and stuck the fairy on to the acetate. Think it works quite nicely, oh and stamped onto the acetate, for that I used the stayzon ink, water based inks are too slippy, but the stayzon is sticky.

And a tip if you are using cling stamps. If they're small, place the stamp you're using in the centre of the acrylic block, then (if you have any) place some smaller stamps in the corners. This helps when stamping, it stops you rocking the block and smudging the stamped image.

Well will be back tomorrow, with news of all my purchases.

2 comments:

Fe-Fe said...

This is a very pretty card. I love your little fairy.

Hope you have fun at the craft fair and come back with lots of lovely new goodies to play with.

Hugs
Fe x

Cazzy said...

Nice card Cass. I like the quote stamp, what make is the set?

I have just been to a craft show, and earlier in the week to Trago Mills, so have spent a bit.

Have fun.

Cazzy x

Visitors