Saturday 18 April 2009

No longer naked...

My meerkat that is, far too chilly in this country to go naked. My mate sent me the clothes for my aleksandr, I swear his nose went further up in the air once I'd dressed him. But he does look very grand... Not sure which one of us is the most bonkers, her or me, tho i seem to recall it was my daft idea for her to find someone to make the smoking jacket and cravat - and so she did!

Just like to thank those who commented on the last post, it was a depressing post. But your words mean a great deal, today is a new day and I shall try to keep as upbeat as I can.

And when I woke up this morning the sun was shining, that always makes a difference. I hobbled off out for a walk, I am the opposite of those toys that gather pace if you put them on an incline, instead of gathering speed, i get slower. I started off at a decent pace but by time I'd got to end of road I'd slowed right down. But I am getting over some fears, one was of crossing a busy road. At the end of my road is a very busy road, which never held any fears for me. I tackled it the other week and survived, so did the same today. Just makes for a different walk, different scenery. Mum asked me, oddly, to take in a ring she wants to be repaired, thought it strange that she had suddenly remembered this broken ring. So took to jewellers, met lovely young and very helpful young lady, the type that makes you feel proud of todays youth. Then tottered along to another shop, well known.... to buy a new dressing gown, and was confronted by the opposite end of the scale - in youth terms. I don't think either meant to appear unhelpful or truculent, but that is how they came across. I think they were both just awkward and a bit shy, in spite of one having vibrant green hair.

So back home, lunch and then tackled the housework. Well the other choice was to craft, but the flat was a tip, and mum had gone out, so perfect time to clean. It would be nice if she pitched in, even some vague effort would be appreciated. But she seems oblivious to the mess. But it is now nice and tidy. No chance of going overboard, just do what I have to.

Tomorrow will be a tense day, Everton are in the semis... please let us win!

Oh and had a surprise, a postcard from my brother, enjoying his Easter break, it would have been even better had he told me he was going away!

Well long may the sun shine.... makes the world a much happier place.

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

I love the new outfit!

Cazzy x

Visitors