Friday 24 April 2009

One sore knee, lots of goodies equals:


One happy me! Had to make a few pit stops to rest the knee, but had a lovely time wandering around the craft fair. So much stuff and so little money :-( Tho I didn't spend it all as after 90 mins I had to call it a day, and a lot of that was spent resting. But I got a free ticket for Sunday, so may go back and pick up a few more bargains.

Got some practical things, like photo glue, 5 tubes for a tenner! Was very happy with that bargain, and same with the 12x12 album for £6.00, a papermania album too. It is a lovely purple colour, with a suede effect material. Put a pic up of one the mystical decoupage kits i got from the glittergirls, it will do perfectly for a friend of mine whose birthday is coming up. Also picked up a score board, have been meaning to get one. Got a pack of shrinkles, so I'll be cancelling my order with that on line store, who still haven't sent out my order! Last time I ever use them - humph. And packs of pearlescent paper, 10 for £2, a bargain in my book. Saw tons and tons of clear stamps, figure they must now be the latest rage.

Ooh, on that note, Cazzy re the stamps they're from Hero Arts and are called clear stamps, loads of places on line sell them, there are a few other sets as well. The stamps say:

Spread sunshine; appreciate what is; see the flowers smiling; the best way to
your future is to create it; some moments are worth holding in your heart
forever; you can be anything, be yourself; make your own happiness; you
made my day; love you; you make my heart happy; One of a kind; Thanks;
True; find joy every day. Smile, laugh, giggle.

All can be mixed and matched. I think they just add a nice finishing touch to the card.

But I'm also annoyed with myself, I should also have got a bookatrix board, cos the above decoupage is bookatrix! Tho I've just persuaded my graphics program to make up a template...

Also got some 12x12 papers, all a bit 'in your face' but they'll come in useful for something. That was the only disappointing aspect of the fair, not enough scrapbooking stuff.

Going to have a play with the stuff tomorrow :-))

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Thanks for that Cass. I will look out for them, maybe in a few months as we are about to help my son buy his first house so may have to stop buying things for a bit!

I'm glad you made it and had a good time though, I had a similar experience but not as bad as yours.

Cazzy x

Visitors