Thursday 16 April 2009

Got a leaky sky...

Had one of those grizzly grey days, it kept on trying to brighten up but never quite succeeded. I somehow managed to have a lie in, 9.30! But the grey and drizzly weather put paid to my plan for a walk, still tomorrow is supposed to be better, fingers crossed.

Had to take mum to the hospital, and blow me they had changed the drop off zone outside the fracture clinic, as in they'd done away with it! Managed to drop mum fairly close, then had to go find a parking space. Funny, last year I never had any problem with parking, but this year it is positively manic. As usual we had to wait, then off to x-ray, then back to clinic, luckily we'd only just sat down when mum was called. She was worried about this infection, found out that she'd forgotten to tell nurse to swab it. So consultant had a look, and agreed it needed to be swabbed, and he needed to know what type of infection it is. Think he is a bit worried, whatever is going on it is all happening on the inside. He mentioned that he may have to wash out the wound, which would mean mum going back into hospital - not what she wants. I tried to make it sound better by saying it would just be an overnight stay (I hope!). Then he said he'd try some anti biotics, a stronger dose, have a feeling it is the same infection she had last year, which was very serious. Saw the x-rays too, her right hip is shot, it is bone on bone, and she won't even think of having it replaced. She thinks stronger painkillers is the answer, they aren't, so we'll have to wait and see. But she will end up in a wheelchair if she refuses the operation, and that means her not staying in this flat, a first storey flat is hardly ideal, plus I can't manage any lifting or stuff.

The doc had a junior, junior with him, in fact the young man looked more like a school boy! Tho he was fascinated by mum's case, then the doc mentioned me, and my problems, think we were then getting into the ridiculous... we are kind of famous in the hospital, mum for all she went thru and then me having my accident. He did ask me how I was, but I decided I'd wait to give him the depressing news about the wires... not sure if it is he who is jinxed or us.

So no time for any crafting :-( Hopefully I can get out for a walk tomorrow, then come back and craft in the afternoon. And it is craft day! So a few shows to look forward to.

No comments:

Visitors