Monday 27 April 2009

Ugh it's Monday!


Definitely had that Monday morning feeling today, yes it is Monday but I've got out of the habit of feeling miserable on this day. But today I had to be at the physio department for 8.50, that meant trying to get thru the rush hour. Didn't even want to go, just felt it would be a waste of time. Doc last week said I could use the gym equipment to build up the muscles, mmmm, that is what he said last time and I never got anywhere near the gym, in fact I never saw anyone use it. And today was the same, saw a disinterested phsyio, who knew nothing about me, chose to spend all of my appointment reading my notes, well those he could find. Then he argued with me, said there was no reason for the knee to be this weak... er it is my knee and I know JUST how painful it is, plus he was contradicting the consultant. My mum also used this particular physio department, they kept telling her that she didn't need a hip replacement... when both her GP and two consultants said she did. One of the physio's actually told her she had a hernia in her groin! So I have no faith in them, only one physio has ever helped me and that was for my back, she was also a trained chiropractor. She sorted me out by showing me how to exercise my back, and keep all the core muscles in good shape, she never promised me a cure, just how to manage it. She was great. The rest since have been total rubbish. So fifteen minutes later I was heading home, nope, never saw the gym, did as but got told it wasn't necessary. Got the impression that the physios preferred to sit round chatting than work with patients.

So cheered myself up by finishing off my bookatrix card that I started yesterday. I did pop back to the show, well had to make use of the free ticket. Got a real bargain at a paper/card stall, two large packs of pearlescent card and a pack of A3 hammered cream card for a tenner! Then went and got the bookatrix board, was tempted to spend more at the stall but resisted. Oh I know most would have just spent money, but I've done that in the past and ended up with stuff I then never use.

Bookatrix, well I looked at a few videos of how to use the board on line, then had a bash myself. Found it a bit hard at first to find the guide lines, but had a few practices at it, then remembered to rub the back of the card with a candle, which made life a lot easier. Wasn't sure which of my embossing tools was the right size as none have a size on them! So it was a bit of guesswork. But finally I got there, see result above! This is my take on bookatrix, I don't like overly ornate cards I'm afraid, just not to my taste. So this is I guess understated in terms of bookatrix, but who says it has to be all fancy? The top layer is from the glitter girls mythical and fantasy collection, which you can find on their website.

And what cheered me up? Saw the new meerkat ad! LOL!!

No comments:

Visitors