Wednesday 8 April 2009

Not a bad week so far


Well weatherwise it has been typical April, sunny and showers, tho the showers have been light and infrequent. Quite warm too.

On Tuesday I decided to go register as a carer, at our carer's centre. I met a lovely lady who took all my details, and gently reminded me that it wasn't about mum, but what they could do to help me. She was so nice I was almost in tears. So i got a lot sorted out, plus some stuff for me, some reiki sessions and a taster course in holistic treatments. Well I am hoping that I have got a place on the latter, the woman who organises them is off this week... so crossing fingers! But I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I hadn't realised what was out there.

Treated myself to a nice kit on Tuesday, spotted a very humorous decoupage kit on QVC, just couldn't resist. Nothing else took my fancy. Disappointing news as far as my order for shrink plastic goes, 3 days after placing order the internet shop I ordered it from, get back to me to say my orders aren't in stock... what it took them 3 days to discover that? They said I could ask for what was in stock to be sent, but could I figure out their silly system, could I heck. It was frankly ridiculous, more suitable for a large company and not for a small internet firm. They shall remain nameless, for the time being!

But I had a tidy up in my bedroom and found two sheets of shrink plastic that I still had. Plus other stuff that I unearthed, and rubbish that can go to a better home. Well rubbish to me, but good for others, my colleagues at work are loving getting my craft cast offs!

Must get down to some crafting tomorrow, have been getting far to absorbed in online jigsaw puzzles - they are very addictive. Only found one site that satisfies me so far, a couple of others I tried were rather strange in operation.

Got to just mention the flock powder, I don't think it is the flock, but the stickers, they are er, not very sticky. I may try them with better 2 sided sticky peel offs, see what result I get.

2 comments:

Fe-Fe said...

Love the the pink and purple colour combo. Very pretty.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your order. Funily enough I had an email to say that one of the stamps I've ordered is now out of stock and to choose a replacement to the same value too.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hugs
Fe x

Cass said...

Thanks Fe, hope your order is sorted out soon as well.

Visitors