Tuesday 10 November 2009

After the sunshine came the grey...


Yep, back to normal, dull, grey, cold, and raining....  tho seem to recall that this time last year it was really cold.  I also seem to be in hibernation mode,  woke up at 6 a.m., made cuppa, piece of toast and took it back to bed.  Was intending on getting up early, to put on washing, and get to supermarket early...  instead I wake up again at 9.a.m!   Really disgusted with myself, second time in a row I've overslept.  Got to get act together. 

Got appointment tomorrow at occy health, should be interesting, cos if the doc is an disinterested as he was last time he is in for a big shock.   Took me all my time during last appointment NOT to lose my temper with him.  He was pig ignorant.  I know exactly what my surgeon has said in the letter to occy health, he spelled out exactly how bad my injury was.  The dumb occy health nurse kept on telling me I'd be back at work in no time... not what my surgeon was saying.   The occy health nurse felt she was an expert on busted knee caps cos her BiL had one, and he was fine, made a full recovery... yeah well he didn't smash his to pieces.  I kept on telling her that mine was badly fractured, but oh no, she wouldn't taken any notice, wouldn't let me go for redeployment either.  So I complained, hence the doc's frosty attitude,  well if he tries that again he, as I said, is in for a shock.   He also refused to put me forward for redeployment, and I found out after that there were two possible suitable jobs! What is with these people?  I have a friend who is also having to fight bad managers....  I am sick of bad managers, those who end up in jobs of responsibility far beyond their limited capabilities.   And especially those managers who think they can rule by fear, that is not managing, that is being a pillock. 

Supermarket shop was painless,  well almost,  I am still baffled by people who insist on blocking an aisle with their trolley, while they wonder which tin of soup to buy!   Choose one and move on, or don't leave trolley abandoned in middle of aisle.  Also noticed how some supermarkets are determined that us shoppers will do everything,  now Tesco have the scanner ready for us to scan our club card...  nope, refuse to do it,  just as I refuse to use those self service tills.   I only ever see people having problems with them, having to ask for help,  hence the need for one assistant to be permanently stationed at them.   Look supermarket bosses,  I don't wish to serve myself at the checkout,  I want an assistant,  I want communication, a friendly face and a bit of banter...  not some ruddy machine barking orders at me, or telling me to prove I am over 18 so I can buy my wine!

Have done some crafting, just got nothing finished to photograph.  But have been playing with new toy, new camera, ooh it is wonderful!  Allows you to take soft focus portrait photos...   wonderful.  Plus all sorts of other options which I will have to explore.  And best of all I realised I got a bargain,  the camera cost me £129 in John Lewis, same camera in other stores was £150!   I came close to buying another model, with less features in Jessops.   Pic is of crown in Paddy's wigwam. 

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

Fab picture Cass. Our Tesco doesn't have club card scanners, at least not last time I went in! I bet that is a ploy to pay out less points to forgetful shoppers.

Cazzy x

Visitors